Wednesday 18 July 2012

Kapow! Accent Nail Tutorial

In this post I am going to show you how to do a very simple accent nail tutorial. I got the inspiration from pictures like the one below. I just thought it was adorable :)




What You Will Need

You don't need anything special for this tutorial, everything is things that you would already have around your home.

-Sticky tape (any kind)
-Scissors
-A base/top coat (optional
-Black nail polish
-Yellow nail polish (you can use any 
colour but this one works the best
-(My nails were already painted blue when I did
this, so any colour as the base.





Step 1:

Cut a piece of tap into a triangle. Stick this on your nail as shown. (Because I used clear tape I had to edit the photo and outline the tape so you could see it)   



Step 2:

Repeat this step by placing the other 2 pieces of tape next to each other so the points are separated. I have shown this in the bottom picture using paper so you can see. (You couldn't see clearly when I was using clear tape!) Once that is done, paint over with black nail polish. 
Peel the tape off and it should look something like the nail in the bottom picture. You must peel the tape off before the polish dries.




Step 3:
*You must wait until the black polish is COMPLETELY DRY or else it will peel off when putting more tape on top of it*

Place another 3 pieces of tape (just like the ones in step 1 and 2) over the black polish as shown below. Place the point of the tape over the blue point.



Step 4:

Paint over the tape with the yellow nail polish. Before it dries peel the tape off!



Your nail should now look something like this!  A gorgeous accent and slightly cartoonish design! I also did a more simple straight design on the other hand :)






I hope you enjoyed this fun nail tutorial! It is very easy to do and looks great!







6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! The best thing about it is that it's so easy! If you try it out, you should post a picture to my Facebook page!

      http://www.facebook.com/Luckybeauty07

      Sophie xx

      Delete
  2. That looks so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! You must have so much patience haha I get so frustrated painting my nails coz I hate waiting for it to dry. Amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I guess I do have a lot of patience, I was at home and had nothing to do so voilĂ ! xx

      Delete